It was the most popular present at this year’s family Christmas!
Instead of drawing names as you have in the past, this year your husband’s family decided to have a white elephant exchange. For your part both you and your husband purchased and wrapped one of the most popular insulated cups with a lid and combined that travel gift with a car adaptor that provided both electrical outlets and USB ports. You were pretty proud of your decision and were pleased when both of your gifts were stolen the three time limit.
When the gift giving was over, however, you had to admit that the even more popular gift on the man’s side was the package that contained beer gifts. Two large insulated stainless steel beer growlers and a pass to next year’s Oktoberfest were a great idea for a family that loves to drink and taste new beers.
Growler Kegs Are a Perfect Present for a Family Member Who Makes Beer at Home
Whether you are someone who is looking for beer gifts for a friend at work or another family member, you likely know how popular beer growlers are. Somewhat resembling a jug in their shape, growlers come in a number of sizes and are made from a number of materials. From mini keg growlers for sale that are marked with the name of a particular company to double wall growlers for the more serious collector, these are perfect gifts for the increasing number of people who consider themselves beer tasting experts.
Consider these facts and figures about the beer industry and the increasing role that it plays in the nation’s economy:
- 14% of Americans indicate that they drink beer once a week.
- Totaling 4,269 breweries, the most at any time in American history, the number of operating breweries in the U.S. grew 15% in the year 2015.
- U.S. consumers who were 21 years and older consumed 27.5 gallons of beer and cider per person during the 2015 calendar year.
- Independent and small craft brewers now represent 12% market share of the overall beer industry.
- 85% of all beer in the U.S. in the year 2015 was domestically produced.
- 43% of legal drinkers prefer beer over wine and spirits, according to a 2016 Gallup poll.
White elephant gift exchange or not, many of the people on your list might enjoy beer gifts that they can add to their collection.